Friday, November 30, 2007

Last Day in Nanjing






All our bags are packed and we will leave for Guangzhou at 10am Saturday morning (8pm Friday night in Alabama). Weather.com reports it is Sunny and in the 70's there so it will be a nice change of scenery. Nanjing is a very busy, bustling city and I think Guangzhou is more laid back. This will be Sam's first plane ride and we are a little anxious to see how he reacts. Today we relaxed and got out a little bit this morning for a stroll to the river walk. This time it was just the three of us and again we drew crowds. I attempted to buy a banana for Sam at this little stand and I could not make the lady understand I just wanted the banana like it was.. she put batter on it and deep fried it, then put it on a stick for me. Nick and I can not eat the fruit here and Sam did not like it. I gave it to a man who was digging in the trash for something to eat. We've seen a few homeless people and some ask us for money. They are starting to put up Christmas decorations in our hotel... and last night a Chinese lady delivered a Holy Bible to our room! It is a new translation version with both english and chinese. I would really like to keep it. I could not understand the lady who brought it to our door.. I do not know if we can keep it or if we have to leave it for the room. Regardless, we are praising God that a window of opportunity is opening here in China for Christianity. We had sent the orphanage two disposable camera's to take pictures of Sam and we got them developed last night. Unfortunately only 9 pictures are all that developed. Something was wrong with our film. The Schmidt family's pictures turned out good and Sam is in some of those pictures with their son Cole. They were kind enough to give us a copy. The pictures you see of Sam and Cole were taken at the orphanage. Sam is in the red and blue. The other pictures today are of Sam playing in our room this morning. That is all for now... we will write again from Guangzhou.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe you finally have him. Please don't cut his beautiful hair. He is just adorable and seems so happy. We Love You All...
The McDaniel Family

Unknown said...

I just caught up with your blog. Sam is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I know you are having the time of your lives. I hope you have an awesome rest of your trip. You will love Guohgzhou.
Jeanne Coburn

Anonymous said...

I just love checking the blog daily to see new photos and read your words. Sam is so happy!! I love his smile. We continue the prayers and will be praying especially during the flight to Guohgzhou. We love you all.
Jo & Ted
I ate Chinese food for lunch today and thought of you all.