Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Last Day in Beautiful Guangzhou







Today was a free day for us. We had no appointments.. we just had to wait by the phone for an hour and a half just in case the consulate's office had any questions for us while reviewing our file. While we waited we went and visited with Martha and Isabell Gallahue. Sam loves the ladies and he is so sweet to Isabell.. he freely gives kisses to all the Gallahue women!! Later, Nick stayed with Sam in the room while I went shopping on the island. We stopped at Starbucks for a snack. The weather in Guangzhou has been perfect during our visit. Shamian Island is so nice. It has alot of greenery and parks. It has been sunny and the weather in the upper 70's. I was gone for about 4 hours and I really started missing Sam (and Nick too). I got a huge blessing when I returned. Sam was playing and when he saw me walk through the door he came running toward me, squealing with delight with his arms wide open. He jumped in my arms and gave me several kisses!! Gosh, did it melt my heart!!! This evening we ventured back out to pizza hut where Sam ate his first spagetti. So far he likes all the food he has tried. We are also sending pictures of his bath this evening. He really enjoys the water now and likes to put his face under the facet. I think he is going to be a great swimmer! Tomorrow we have our swearing in ceremony at the U.S. Consulate's Office at 2:30pm. After that the whole group is going to eat at Lucy's again for our last meal in China. We leave bright and early Thursday morning (5am) for the airport. We cannot believe that our time here is almost over. We are looking forward to starting our lives with Sam in Alabama. We know he is going to love everyone. I do not know if I will get a chance to post tomorrow. If not, we will see all of you once we get home. Thanks for joining us on this amazing journey to our precious son.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Susan,

We don't know your flight number to see if we can be there when you land in Sweet Home Alabama.

Laura

Jutta said...

Laura, here is the flight schedule for Northwest Airlink. That's the only airline with an incoming flight at 8:40 pm. So it should be Flight #5904.

Montgomery (MGM) to/from Memphis (MEM)

Departures Arrivals

Flt 5901 6:40 am Flt 5900 10:50 am
Flt 5903 11:20 am Flt 5902 3:55 pm
Flt 5905 4:24 pm Flt 5904 8:40 pm

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jutta!

Laura

The Princess's Mommy said...

Susan,
I have so enjoyed following your journey to your sweet Sam! It has brought be so many memories of our time in China! The pictures have been wonderful! I will pray for safe travels and no delays on your way home! Hope to meet you one day at a COTW event!
Blessings,
Monica