Tuesday, July 17, 2007

44 Days and Getting Closer

It has been 44 days since the CCAA received our Letter of Intent to adopt Sam. The average time frame for most families receiving their letter of approval comes between days 60-90. The longest is 120 days. I have a positive feeling that we will get that letter sometime in August. Nothing concrete to base it on... just my mommy instinct (which I am developing more and more each day). In the meantime we have started packing and we are just about finished with Sam's room. I will post pictures once I get everything in place (probably next week). I am having so much fun buying things for Sam. I went last week and got all of his baby medicine that is on the packing list from our agency. I got such a kick out of looking at the infant tylenol's and teething gel's.. and I was really thrilled to buy his first pack of diapers!! Most of you know that I have a strong desire to be a mom for the last 12 years so these little things just warm me to the bone!!!! I was reading over his profile again and wanted to share some things about Sam. He gets up at 6am and takes a 2 hour nap in the morning and afternoon. He goes to bed at 8:30pm. He eats at 6:30am, 10:20am, 2pm, 6:20pm and 10pm (I guess he wakes up and eats??). He has ten diaper changes a day (can't wait for that). He is a moderate to light sleeper and sometimes sucks his fingers while sleeping. He eats five meals a day (milk with rice powder) and eats fish soup, fruits and egg cake at 9am; steamed eggs and noodles at 4pm. Under language and social it says he follows you with moving head from one side to the other; laughs aloud; knows name and turns when called; distinguishes between acquaintances and strangers; eats crackers without help; crawls on floor, imitates sounds; imitates words (so he already knows some chinese); responds to facial expressions of adults; and expresses his refusal in a simple way. It says he is active (look out Barney), fond of playing with toys; fond of music; has ready smile; loves toys that make noise; and is close to caretakers. The caretaker writes: "Jinhao is fond of listening to music; playing noisy drum, imitating talk, very playful; quick response, such as faking to avoid punishment. He is learning to walk and he is getting so cute"!!

No comments: