Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My First Mother's Day

The perfect Mother's Day Gift!

Sam showing off his cars to Summer

Mother and son on Mother's Day


Sam giving Nai Nai a kiss for Mother's Day


WOW! After years of waiting to be a mom, I finally got to celebrate my first Mother's Day as a "mama"! It was wonderful. Sam was real busy because he got me several cards, a big nice straw purse, a gift certificate to buy some clothes, and a pedicure! Sam was a good boy all weekend because his Nai Nai and Pop Pop were visiting. We also got to visit with my niece Summer. She was so sweet to bring me a mother's day gift. She also got Sam some clothes and a car that he played with all weekend.
Here are some of my thoughts on being a mom. It is the most demanding job I've ever had... and it is also the most rewarding. It takes a lot of patience, energy, and enduring strength. It requires some sleepless nights (and forget about sleeping past 6:30am ever again)! It is also the most wonderful thing in the world to hear him say "mama" and to have him wrap his legs around my waist and squeeze me tight..... to feel his breath on my cheek as he drifts off to sleep... to hear him laugh with joy... to see him run, jump, and play.... to hear him speak new words... to get a big wet kiss... and to watch him and his daddy play. Children are a heritage and gift from God. I pray the Lord gives me all the wisdom, patience, and guidance I need to raise this gift that I have been given.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan-

Happy First Mother's Day!!! It will seem like the blink of an eye before you will be enjoying grandkids as much as you do Sam. He just has such a wonderful light spirit about him that makes him a treasure to savor. You guys look very happy together! What a neat family~

Renee

The Princess's Mommy said...

Happy Mother's Day! Look at that sweet smile! He is adorable! I love the picture of the two of you together..priceless!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Monica