Sunday, February 3, 2008

Chinese New Year Celebration











We attended a Chinese New Year celebration Saturday evening at Frazer. We had so much fun. We really want Sam to be proud of his heritage. We also have great appreciation for the Chinese culture because of Sam. Sam really enjoyed playing with the other children from our Panda Pals group... and you should have seen his expression when the traditional "Lion Dance" was performed! One tradition is for the children to receive a "money" envelope. He got two silver dollars. The actual New Year is this Thursday, Feb. 7th. In two weeks we will go to Fairhope and participate in our adoption agency's Chinese New Year parade. We will decorate Sam's wagon for that event!! Have I mentioned lately how blessed we are???? This evening as I was holding Sam in my arms before he went to bed, I could not help but think of his birth mother and father. They must have both been very handsome because Sam is so darn cute. I said a prayer for both of them, especially his birth mom. She gave us the most precious gift.... one that we truly love and cherish. My prayer for her this New Year is for God to grant her peace and happiness. I wish she could know how happy and content Sam is in his new home and how much he is loved by so many!

No comments: